- 3 skinned, bone-in chicken breast about 1 ½ lb
- 6 skinned and boned chicken thighs(about 1 lb)
- 1 full spoon salt
- ½ tablespoon ground paper
- ½ tablespoon poultry seasoning
- ½ pound carrot sliced
- ½ pound parsnips, sliced
- 4 celery ribs sliced
- Corn bread dumplings
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 container chicken broth
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 sweet onion chopped
- ½ tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Process to make:
- Firstly, In a large bowl mix chicken breasts with pepper, salt, poultry seasoning. Add celery ribs, pound parsnip, sweet onions to the bowl. Pour soup in vegetables. Next cook for ½ hour until chicken shreds. Extract chicken shred and let it cool for 8minutes.Mix shredded chicken into vegetable soup.
Cover with a lid and cook till the mixture boils.
- For the dumplings, whisk flour, baking powder, salt and cornmeal. Add milk, Parcley, thyme together till the mixture gets moistened.
- For the decoration, drop the dough into chicken soup. Cover the lid and cook till the dough gets fluffy.
Now dip your spoon inside the soup and enjoy the delight