For the first time I ate this dish in Santorini I was so excited to try in home once after that.You will get this dish in Candouni Santorini Dining.Many people would definetly love to taste this special hot sprinkled spicy taste of wild mushroom a very well known recipe of Greece.
- 9 1/2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh wild mushrooms
- (such as cèpe [porcini], hen of the woods, chanterelle, or stemmed shiitake); large mushrooms sliced, small mushrooms halved or quartered
- 7 cups (about) low-salt chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup finely chopped leek (white and pale green parts only)
- 1 1/4 cups arborio rice (8 to 9 ounces)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup dry white vermouth
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese plus additional for serving (optional)
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1/4 of mushrooms and sprinkle with salt. Sauté mushrooms until tender and beginning to brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer mushrooms to medium bowl. Working in 3 more batches, repeat with 6 tablespoons butter, remaining mushrooms, and salt and pepper.
- Bring 7 cups chicken broth to simmer in medium saucepan; keep warm. Melt remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons butter with olive oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add leek, sprinkle with salt, and sauté until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Add rice and increase heat to medium. Stir until edges of rice begin to look translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Add white wine and vermouth and stir until liquid is absorbed, about 1 minute. Add 3/4 cup warm chicken broth; stir until almost all broth is absorbed, about 1 minute. Continue adding broth by 3/4 cupfuls, stirring until almost all broth is absorbed before adding more, until rice is halfway cooked, about 10 minutes. Stir in sautéed mushrooms. Continue adding broth by 3/4 cupfuls, stirring until almost all broth is absorbed before adding more, until rice is tender but still firm to bite and risotto is creamy, about 10 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, if using. Transfer risotto to serving bowl. Pass additional Parmesan cheese alongside, if desired.
This was the recipe you guys.Hope you all would try at home and enjoy the delightful dish very soon.Also let me know if any other recipes you all want me to write.Till then stay tuned.