Are Chickpeas good for you?
Chickpeas are a very healthy food and are a perfect way to add plant based protein to salad.
- Chickpeas add great protein and fiber to this salad.
- They are also rich in iron, zinc, phosphorus and B vitamins.
- Experts say chickpeas may help with weight loss
- Chickpeas help with blood sugar control, (the starch in chickpeas is digested slowly resulting in stabilized sugar levels).
Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 10 minutes
Chickpea Salad loaded with crisp cucumbers, juicy tomatoes, creamy avocado, feta cheese and chickpeas or garbanzo beans. Fresh, healthy and protein packed!This dish is totally a healthy salad.Yummy and tasty.
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice from 1 large lemon
- 1 garlic clove pressed or minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 English Cucumber halved and sliced
- 15 oz chickpeas or garbanzo beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 4 oz feta cheese diced
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl: 3 Tbsp olive oil, 3 Tbsp lemon juice, 1 pressed garlic clove, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper and whisk to combine (or shake them together in a small mason jar).
- Combine remaining chickpea salad ingredients in a salad bowl, add dressing to taste (we used all of it) and toss to coat.
Hope you guys enjoyes my post.Enjoy the salad.Do let me know how you cooked it and found it good or bad.Let me know in the comment section below how it helped you nutritionally.Till then like my posts and stay tune.Will be back with another post very soon.