Try these for 2020 christmas eve…
1. Reindeer Snack Mix
Rudolph and his pals will be dashing, dancing and prancing to gobble up this savory snack mix. Humans also will enjoy the buttery, perfectly seasoned and wonderfully crunchy combination.
- 2 cups Bugles
- 2 cups pretzel sticks
- 2 cups cheese-flavored snack crackers
- 1 cup bite-sized Shredded Wheat
- 1 cup Corn Chex
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 250°. Place first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. In a microwave, melt butter; stir in remaining ingredients. Drizzle over snack mixture; toss to combine. Transfer to an ungreased 15x10x1-in. pan.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
3/4 cup: 239 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 331mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
2. Bacon Cheese Wretch
My grandmother makes this smoky bacon and Parmesan spread for parties and holiday get-togethers. For a pretty yuletide presentation, decorate the cream cheese wreath with green parsley and red pimientos.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions, optional
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Optional: Italian parsley sprigs and diced pimientos
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese and, if desired, onions. Stir in bacon. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Invert a small bowl in the center of a serving platter. Drop cream cheese mixture by rounded tablespoonfuls around edge of bowl. Remove bowl. Smooth cream cheese mixture, forming a wreath. Garnish with parsley and pimientos if desired. Serve with crackers.
2 tablespoons: 87 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 116mg sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
3. Crab Crescents
This recipe is so good, no one will guess how quickly you put it together. These little bites are delicious and decadent!
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1/2 cup fresh crabmeat
- Unroll crescent dough; separate into 8 triangles. Cut each triangle in half lengthwise, forming 2 triangles. Spread 1/2 teaspoon pesto over each triangle; place 1 rounded teaspoon of crab along the wide end of each triangle.
- Roll up triangles from the wide ends and place point side down 1 in. apart on an ungreased paper.
- Bake at 375° until golden brown, about 10-12 minutes. Serve warm.
1 piece: 74 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 144mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
4. WHITE CHOCOLATE PARTY MIX
You won’t be able to stop eating this irresistible white chocolate party mix. The light, sweet coating is great over cereal, peanuts, pretzels and M&M’s.
- 5 cups Cheerios
- 5 cups Corn Chex
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 pound chocolate M&M’s
- 1 package (10 ounces) mini pretzels
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) white baking chips
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; set aside. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat chips and oil at 70% power for 1 minute, stirring once. Microwave on high for 5 seconds; stir until smooth.
- Pour over cereal mixture and mix well. Spread onto three waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Cool; break apart. Store in an airtight container.
5. Pomegranate Pistachio Crostini
Pomegranate seeds intrigue me, so I sliced French bread, smeared it with cream cheese, and added seeds, pistachios and chocolate.
- 36 slices French bread baguette (1/4 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 2 ounces dark chocolate candy bar, grated
- Preheat oven to 400°. Arrange bread slices on an ungreased paper ; brush tops with butter. Bake until lightly toasted, 4-6 minutes. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool.
- Beat cream cheese, orange juice and honey until blended; spread over toasts. Top with remaining ingredients.
1 appetizer: 44 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 46mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Hope you guys loved the christmas eve special recipe. Do try the snacks and let me know here if you all loved it.