A viral fever happens due to viral infection. Viruses are tiny germs that spread easily from person to person via various means.Unlike bacterial infections, viral fever don’t respond to antibiotics or so. Instead, most simply have to run their procedure. This can take anywhere from a couple of days to a week or more than that, depending on the type of infection.
A high fever can be more dangerous for a young child than an adult. Follow these steps tonrwduce fever;
- Children ages 0 to 3 months: Rectal temperature is 100.4°F (38°C) or higher.
- Children ages 3 to 6 months: Rectal temperature is above 102°F (39°C) and they’re irritable or sleepy.
- Children ages 6 to 24 months: Rectal temperature is above 102°F (39°C) that lasts for more than a day. If they have other symptoms, such as a rash, cough, or diarrhea, you may want to call sooner.
- They seem unusually lethargic and irritable or have other severe symptoms.
- The fever lasts longer than three days.
- The fever doesn’t respond to medication.
- They don’t maintain eye contact with you.
- They can’t keep fluids down
- For adults
Fevers can also be risky for adults in some cases. See your doctor for a fever that’s 103°F (39°C) or higher that isn’t responding to medication or lasts longer than three days.
People sometimes try herbal remedies to treat a fever. Keep in mind that these supplements have been shown to improve fever in animals. There’s no reliable evidence that they work in humans. Their safety in children is often unclear or unknown, too. It’s best to avoid these remedies in children.
Moringa is a tropical plant that has a variety of nutritional and medicinal benefits. Almost all parts of the plant contain vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and antibacterial agents.
Don’t use moringa if you:
take medications that are substrates of cytochrome P450, such as lovastatin (Altoprev), fexofenadine (Allegra), or ketoconazole (Nizoral)
Kudzu root is an herb used in traditional Chinese medicine. It has anti-inflammatory properties and may help reduce pain. A 2012 study also suggests that it reduced fevers in rats, but human studies are needed to evaluate this properly.
Avoid using kudzu root if you:
- take tamoxifen
- Stay cool
- You can help cool down your body by surrounding it with cooler temperatures. Make sure you don’t overdo it. If you start to shiver, stop immediately. Shivering can cause your fever to rise.
- Sit in a bath of lukewarm water, which will feel cool when you have a fever. (Cold water will actually cause your body to warm up instead of cool down.)
- Give yourself a sponge bath with lukewarm water.
- Wear light pajamas or clothing.
- Get plenty of rest
- A viral fever is a sign that your body is working hard to fight off an infection. Cut yourself some slack by resting as much as possible. Even if you can’t spend the day in bed, try to avoid as much physical activity as possible. Aim for eight to nine hours or more of sleep per night. During the day, take it easy.
A viral fever makes your body much warmer than usual. This causes your body to sweat in an effort to cool down. But this leads to fluid loss, which can cause dehydration.
Try to drink as much as you can when you have a viral fever to replenish lost fluids. It doesn’t have to be just water, either. Any of the following can provide hydration:
- sports drinks
Hope you all got some points on how to reduce fever.But as I am not a doctor so I would suggest taking advice from a specialised doctor if this fever gets really hot more than weeks.
Thank you,for supporting and stay tuned.Will be back with more topics soon.